Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Randy_Redekopp
New Contributor

How to figure out what is being blocked so I can allow it

Users are trying to view videos on a particular news site (e.g.  http://globalnews.ca/news/1931817/dramatic-videos-highlight-the-intensity-of-illinois-tornado/).   The site loads and the advertisement video plays.  When it finishes and the actual subject video should load, it instead remains a blank video window.   if I try the site using a station that is not part of web filtering, then the video loads and plays as it should.

How can I determine what it is exactly that is being blocked so I can let it play?

Thanks

-Randy-

FortiGate 310B - v4.0,build0689,140731 (MR3 Patch 18)

FortiAnalyzer 400B - v5.0.9-build0345 141022 (GA)

-Randy-
-Randy-
2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

There are a few places to check under 4.3. MR3. First, on the dashboard is the "Log and Archive Statistics" widget, which you can use to display both the HTTP/HTTPS visited sites, along with "blocked URLs" and App Control information. Then there is the "Web filter log" info under "Log&Report".  (If you are logging to a FortiAnalyzer you could also check there.)

If need to, you can also try sniffing the traffic on the source machine from the CLI, something along the lines of...

diag debug reset diag debug flow filter addr <source IP address> diag debug flow filter proto 6 diag debug flow show console enable diag debug flow trace start 2000 diag debug en

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
The_Doctor
New Contributor II

I often simply use Firefox for this. On newer versions you can Press F12 and have a Debugger for websites.

Under the ribbon Network you can see all Network Communication and can also see when something is blocked:

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors