Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dan
Contributor

How to export a fortiswitch configuration in table format (expecially port assignments)?

I'd like to export the port configuration of all my FortiSwitches that are managed through FortiLink from a Fortigate. The export should be in table format, similar to what I see in the "FortiSwitch Ports" view in the FG Switch Controller. This is mostly for documentation. Is there an easy way to achieve this? Thanks Dan
3 REPLIES 3
Faiza_Emam_Delhi
Contributor II

Yes, you can export the port configuration of your FortiSwitches in table format using the FortiGate web interface. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Log in to the FortiGate web interface and go to the FortiSwitch Controller.

2. Click on the FortiSwitch that you want to export the port configuration for.

3. Click on the FortiSwitch Ports tab to view the port assignments.

4. Click on the Export button at the top right of the table.

5. Choose the format you want to export the data to (CSV, Excel, PDF, or HTML).

6. Click Export to download the file.

This will export the port configuration of your FortiSwitch in table format, which you can use for documentation purposes. You can repeat this process for each FortiSwitch that you want to export the port configuration for.

Thanks & Regards,
Faizal Emam
Thanks & Regards,Faizal Emam
pjang

Hi Faiza_Emam_Delhi, can you clarify where (FortiGate, FortiSwitch directly, FortiManager, etc.) and on what firmware you were able to perform these steps?

I checked on FortiOS 6.4, 7.0, 7.2, and 7.4, and none of them have the capability that you are describing (i.e. exporting switchport configurations to a downloadable file from the FortiGate GUI). I think this information may be incorrect or out-of-date for modern firmware versions, and as far as I can tell this functionality is not doable on the FortiGate.

EDIT: To be clear, you CANNOT export FortiSwitch port configurations to CSV, PDF, etc. from the FortiGate web interface. However, you CAN export Firewall Policies under the Policy & Objects section on the FortiGate to CSV or JSON files. Perhaps that is where the mixup may have come from?

Switch Controller on FortiOS 6.4.14Switch Controller on FortiOS 6.4.14

Switch Controller on FortiOS 7.0.12Switch Controller on FortiOS 7.0.12

Firewall Policies on 6.4.14 (Note the Export button)Firewall Policies on 6.4.14 (Note the Export button)

- Give 'em the ol' FortiRazzle Dazzle
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

I have the same need as the person that created this question.

When I get to:

4. Click on the Export button at the top right of the table.

I can't find the Export button. Running FortiGate FortiOS 6.2.15 and FortiSwitch OS 7.0.5 if it matters. The FortiSwitch is a S224EP switch.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors