Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
manihatan
New Contributor

How to download FortiEDR

Hello everyone!

I hope you are doing well!

I have a question about FortiEDR images

How can we download them? If you have can you share? I didn't find it on the portal.

We would like to test it for functionality. I tested it once before, but I would like to see it again. Maybe it was made more flexible and functional. And I would like to know your opinion about EDR products, which product is worthy? We still have options CheckPoint, Trend Micro, Fortinet. Thanks!

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
4 REPLIES 4
RachelGomez123
Contributor

Step 1 – Logging In to a Multi-organization System.
Step 2 – Defining or Importing an Organization.
Step 3 - Navigating Between Organizations.
Step 4 – Defining a Local Administrator for an Organization.
Step 5 – Performing Operations in the FortiEDR System.
Migrating an Organization.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Froza
New Contributor

@manihatan wrote:

Hello everyone!

I hope you are doing well!

I have a question about FortiEDR images

How can we download them? If you have can you share? I didn't find it on the portal.

We would like to test it for functionality. I tested it once before, but I would like to see it again. Maybe it was made more flexible and functional. And I would like to know your opinion about EDR products, which product is worthy? We still have options CheckPoint, Trend Micro, Fortinet. Thanks!

Here we start to explain the installation process in FortiEDR.
FortiEDR Installation and Administration Manual 21
Fortinet Technologies Inc.
4. Select the Linux radio button. In the Version field, select CentOS 7 64-bit and click Next. Alternatively, you can
select a different generic Linux 64-bit option in the Version field. The following displays:
5. Specify a name such as FortiEDRThreatHuntingRepository for the virtual machine and the location in which to store
the provided ISO file and click Next. The following displays:
6. Change the Maximum disk size to 200 GB, leave the default option as Split virtual disk into multiple files and
click Next. The following displays:
FortiEDR Installation and Administration Manual 22
7. Click Finish.
8. Right-click the new machine and select the Settings option.
The following window displays:
Chapter 2 – INSTALLING FortiEDR
FortiEDR Installation and Administration Manual 23
9. Select the Memory option and change the RAM to at least 16 GB.
10. Select the Processors option and change the value to a total of at least four CPU Cores.
11. Select the CD/DVD option and then select the Use ISO image file option on the right.
12. Click the Browse button and select the ISO file provided by Fortinet for the FortiEDR Threat Hunting Repository.
Click OK.
13. Start the virtual machine. For example, by using the button shown below:
The virtual machine automatically starts the installation process, which may take a few minutes.

The virtual machine automatically starts the installation process, which may take a few minutes.

14. Have it look  Best anti-fog paintball masks collection that give outstanding performance during the match.

15. Reboot the virtual machine.
16. Log into the virtual machine in order to continue the installation process.
Login: root
Change the root password, by entering any password you want and then retype it. The password must be strong
enough according to Linux standards.
17. Enter fortiedr config.
18. At the prompt, enter your hostname and click Next.
Note – This can be any hostname.
19. At the prompt, select the role of the virtual machine. For this installation, select EDR and click Next.
20. At the Please enter EDR user prompt, enter the threat-hunting repository user and click Next.
21. At the Please enter EDR password prompt, enter the threat-hunting repository password and click Next.
22. A list of network interfaces on this virtual machine displays. At the Pick your primary interface prompt,
select the interface to be used as the primary network interface through which all FortiEDR Cores and FortiEDR
Collectors will reach this server, and then click Next.
23. At the Do you want to use DHCP prompt, do one of the following:
• Select Yes to use DHCP and click Next. Proceed to step 27 below.
• Select No to configure the IP of this virtual machine manually, and then click Next. Perform steps 24 through 31
below.
24. At the prompt, enter the IP address of the machine that you are installing. Use the following format:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/yyyy, where yyyy is the routing prefix of the subnet.
25. At the prompt, enter the default gateway and click Next.
26. At the Please set your DNS server prompt, enter a valid IP address and click Next. Use the following format:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/yyyy, where yyyy is the routing prefix of the subnet.
27. At the prompt, select No for debug mode.
28. At the Please set the date prompt, verify the date and click Next. The installer automatically presents the
current date. You can change this date, if necessary.
FortiEDR Installation and Administration Manual 24
29. At the Please set your Time prompt, set the time and click Next.
30. At the prompt, select the timezone and country in which the server is being installed.
31. Wait a few moments while the installation processes, until you see the Installation completed

32. Wait until a success message is displayed requesting that you reboot.
successfully message.

YuryM
New Contributor

Where a can find ISO file for download ??

Y.M.
Y.M.
YuryM
New Contributor

Hi, finnaly you found ISO file ? Where? 

Y.M.
Y.M.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors