Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
opq
New Contributor

How to check what policy is blocking a website

I'm new to the Fortigate Family. So, please bear with me.

I have a website (Doodle.com), that's blocked, but I don't know how to check why? I get the error message from FortiAnalyzer and it does say Policy ID # but I can't seem to find that number in my fortigate's firewall policies.

Does anyone know how to figure out why it's being blocked?

Thanks!

2 Solutions
ISOffice
Contributor

Hi opq,

When viewing your policies using Global View (Policy & Objects > IPv4), click on the 'cog wheel' in the top right-hand corner of the screen to choose which columns to display. I think the one you're looking for is called ID. Select this and click on Apply. That will show you the Policy ID number.

JP

View solution in original post

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi,

and welcome to the forums.

First, the policy# stated is the policy "ID", not the "sequence number". In normal policy view you only see the sequence #. Add the "ID" column by clicking onto the cogwheel in the header row, or "Column settings" - this depends on your version.

BTW, it's always a good idea to state hardware model and firmware version when posting, it helps answering.

If you have further questions, post again.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
3 REPLIES 3
ISOffice
Contributor

Hi opq,

When viewing your policies using Global View (Policy & Objects > IPv4), click on the 'cog wheel' in the top right-hand corner of the screen to choose which columns to display. I think the one you're looking for is called ID. Select this and click on Apply. That will show you the Policy ID number.

JP

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi,

and welcome to the forums.

First, the policy# stated is the policy "ID", not the "sequence number". In normal policy view you only see the sequence #. Add the "ID" column by clicking onto the cogwheel in the header row, or "Column settings" - this depends on your version.

BTW, it's always a good idea to state hardware model and firmware version when posting, it helps answering.

If you have further questions, post again.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
opq
New Contributor

I was confused by the sequence number so thank you for explaining that it isn't the same thing. I will be sure to include the hardware model and firmware version next time.

Thank you!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors