Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
45LAN
New Contributor

How to check ddns status ?

After correct configuration ddns for DynDNS (not Forti-DDNS) is there any CLI-command to check the status for this service ? My firmware version = 5.0.1.
3 REPLIES 3
GusTech
Contributor II

Do you need that? you see if the dynamic dns resolves the rigth IP-adress. CLI: execeute ping YourDDNS.ddns-provider.com

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
45LAN
New Contributor

Yes this is possible. But maybe I have a remote location with a running DynDNS-Client over a Server. I will deactivate this client . . . but before I have to be sure that the FortiGate-DynDNS update is working fine. If not - I will lost the connection after the IP will changed. So other vendors like Juniper / Cisco have a CLI-Command to verify if the update succeed. So I thougth that Fortinet have a CLI-command too ?
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

So I thougth that Fortinet have a CLI-command too ?
The 4.0 MR3 CLI ref guide doesn' t list any such command, but if I recall any issues with the DDNS setting should show up in the event logs, but not at work to confirm this. (This is easy to test out though--just misconfig the DDNS setting and see if any error shows up.)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors