Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

How to allow the VPN client remote access to internal network

I' ve the fortigate 200 in office as i' m trying to remote access using Microsoft VPN plain text to access to office " Internal Network" . Behind my firewall, there is a DHCP server. I' ve setup the firewall policy (external to internal) and PPTP. While i' m trying to remote connect, it validate the username and password, and then connected. However, i couldn' t get the IP address from the DHCP server.. When i do a " ipconfig" and the IP address is 200.1.1.190/ 255.255.255.255. I try to ping my internal IP of all my servers, i couldn' t ping or unable to connect. What i want is to get the IP address from my internal DHCP server if possible. If u have another alternative solution, pls advise. Appreciate if anyone can help... Thks
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable

Not sure if this helps you at all, But I had a similar problem where I could autenticate into the network but could not access anything onthe network? I figured it was a routing issue and put my concentration in that area. Until I started to re-evaluate my config settings. I Mistakenly listed the the DHCP server as the address range in the Forticlient config screen as the remote network address. so instead of using 172.16.0.0 I listed it as 172.16.0.1 which gave me all kinds of problems. I hope this makes sense.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors