Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

How to UNINSTALL LOCK Forticlient

Hi, My problem is I' ve click the RELOCK button and I don' t have the administrator ID to UNLOCK it since my notebook is pre-installed with window 7 and I don' t know the ID and password. How to solve this problem in order for me to update the forticlient ( add, delete, update, import, export and etc ) or completely to uninstall this software from my notebook. My PC OS and Forticlient Info -------------------------------------------- 1- Forticlient Endpoint Security 4.1.2.138 on window 7 64 bit. 2- Window 7 Extreme Edition R1 PC Thank you in advance for your help and assistance. Regards Azahary
3 REPLIES 3
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

One thing you can try is to reboot the PC in Safe Mode and then go to the registry to delete the password under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Note\Fortinet\FortiClient\FA_FCM Let me know how it goes. Regards, L.C
Ling Lu
Not applicable

Hi L.Clarke, Thank you for the prompt reply. I' ll update the status regarding the suggestion. Hopefully it works and doesn' t harm my notebook. In the future how to disable the forticlient status option ( admin LOCK ) to avoid it from happen again. Regards Azahary
Not applicable

Hi L.Clarke, Thank you very much for the suggestion to delete ' password' member in the FortiClient window registry. It' s works!.. It solve the problem and save my time google for the solution. Thank you again. Regards Azahary
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors