Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NetSec
New Contributor

How to Deploy FortiGate-VM from VHD image

Hi ,

Is there anyone know how to deploy FortiGate-VM from VHD image? 

Since Fortinet providing VHD image for downloading, I was trying to create a image based on VHD file , but not successful. 

There is a guide page to say it is possible at https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate-public-cloud/7.0.0/azure-administration-guide/392531/de...

Here is what I copied from that url page:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deploying FortiGate-VM from a VHD image file
You can deploy FortiGate using custom templates or PowerShell from VHD image files.

VHD image files are available from Fortinet Customer Service & Support. Go to Download > VM Image, then select FortiGate as the Product and Azure for the Platform. The file name is FGT_VM64_AZURE-v6-buildXXXX-FORTINET.out.hyperv.zip, where XXXX is the build number.

Once the download is complete, unzip the file and locate the fortios.vhd file. Upload the fortios.vhd file to your blob/storage location as required by your deployment templates.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have uploaded VHD file to Azure blob storage, but if I tried to create a image using this VHD file, I will get an error to say this is dynamically expanding VHD file. It will require static size image. I also tried to convert it from Dyanmic to Static but still got some errors.

Any thoughts or experience on this process?

Thanks

Johnny

1 REPLY 1
NetSec
New Contributor

Basically, I am trying to launch Fortigate-VM (BYOL) directly from Fortigate-VM VHD image file instead of using the marketplace. I already downloaded the VHD file from VM download site, but not sure how to launch it. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors