Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
slouw
Contributor

How do i identify my Fortigate Device

I go here and download a 60F datasheet:

I do a get system status:

How do I relate the 2 together?

What hardware model do I in fact have?

Is the System Part number something I can look up anywhere?

Are there models other then that specified on the datasheet?

I have reason o believe that there is an LTE interface on this unit (I don't see a FortiExtender configured)

2023-10-30 15h51m58s95 Dilli get system status.jpg2023-10-30 15h54m50s96 60F Spec Sheet.jpg

1 Solution
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Your device is FortigateRugged 60F (FGR60F), below given is the datasheet for the same. The datasheet you posted is for normal 60F and not rugged.

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/FortiGate_Rugged_Series.pdf

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Your device is FortigateRugged 60F (FGR60F), below given is the datasheet for the same. The datasheet you posted is for normal 60F and not rugged.

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/FortiGate_Rugged_Series.pdf

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

slouw
Contributor

Thank you @srajeswaran.

Can you please clarify how I best tell.
Starting with get system status output I see the version line give me a good clue:

Version: FortiGateRugged-60F-3G4G v7.0.11,build0489,230314 (GA.M)

Is that show I should pest proceed?
Is the part number any use to me?

System Part-Number: P25587-21

Thanks again

srajeswaran

I would suggest to use the Version: field , the first part is the device model and then the OS version/build numbers, specification etc.

In your output the device model is "FortiGateRugged-60F-3G4G " and version 7.0.11 build 0489 which is a GA release.
If you check the below output from my LAB device, you can see I am using a " FortiGate-VM64" .

LAB # get system status
Version: FortiGate-VM64 v7.2.6,build1575,230926 (GA.F)

Use of part numbers can be helpful while placing orders/RMA etc or in situations where the model number is not sufficient .

Regards,

Suraj

slouw
Contributor

Thanks @srajeswaran much appreciated

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors