Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

How di i block Gmail IMAP ,pop and smtp

Hai , I am using fortigate 100A firewall with OS 4 i blocked GMail access to users by using URL block ,but i have a problem with users who are using applications like thunderbird and outlook to access GMAIL They are using pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com and accessing gmail through these applications Please please tell me if there is way to block the users from using gmail Note:Ports 995 and 465 are enabled to all users,as we have our email configured in Outlook express which uses these ports thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
doshbass
New Contributor III

Ports 995 and 465 are generally encrypted and your 100A cannot do decryption of this. Your probable best solution is to create a specific blcok rule to the FQDN objects pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com
Still learning to type " the"
Still learning to type " the"
RickP
New Contributor

Your probable best solution is to create a specific blcok rule to the FQDN objects pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com
Or perhaps specify the allowed mail server address in the firewall policy that allows POP3 and SMTP access. All others will then be blocked.
ciscokid1903
New Contributor

Hi Ravivarma I have a rule from internal to wan that is set to allow pop and smtp from my mail enabled clients then have a rule directly below it that is set to deny all other smtp and pop traffic. I had to do this as my final rule for internal to wan is allow any any . So it would not be blocked by a default deny any any rule.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors