Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pkitalia
New Contributor

How can I enable DNS dynamic registration for VPNs?

Dear All, I have a Microsoft DNS server with dynamic DNS update for AD clients. I see that the default forti-ssl vpn client is installed without the "Register this connection's addreses in DNS" option disabled, so our domain clients that connects via VPN, doesn't update their DNS records. I'm finding a way to pre-configure the FortiSSL-VPN client with that option enabled. How can I deploy the msi with this parameter enabled? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Rodrigo
New Contributor

I have the same problem,

after a litle research i've notice that Forti VPNSSL Client stop "DNS Client" and change to disable so the connection cannot start dynamic DNS Registration.  If you enable it and start it, and then you run ipconfig /registerdns it's works...

but the problem is Why the DNS Client is stoped by Forti VPNSSL Client? is there a way to avoid this? 

Regards
Rodrigo
RegardsRodrigo
Rodrigo
New Contributor

After Tech Support Help to allow Dynamic Registration you need to apply the following article http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD36014 

Regards
Rodrigo
RegardsRodrigo
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors