Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
teribgosa
New Contributor

How are FortiAPs?

Hello everyone,

We recently switched to an HA pair of 600E Fortigates, and it's been a good experience. We have an aging WIFI infrastructure and I'm looking at the potential savings of FortiAPs and I'm tempted, but I'm also a little skeptical.

We would need a new WLAN controller in the next few years, and all of our current APs are EOL.

How has your experience been with FortiAPs? We are looking at about 400 altogether, and I think it would mostly be 231Fs, although I'm noticing the 23JF is significantly less expensive and might also work for us in a lot of applications.

Thanks!

192.168.0.1 router login
1 REPLY 1
Franco
New Contributor III

Although FortiAPs work quite well, I do not consider them at the top and they are very expensive, but you can managed them from a Fortigate, so no need to use a separate wireless controller.
If your needs are for a consistent number of APs, adding a separate wireless controller is not a big increment in the overall complexity, so sincerely I don't think they are a good choice, considering their cost and that you can find better APs at a lower price.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors