Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
EEHC
Contributor

How I do backup for FortiSIEM?

There are data in several places and several stages. During installation FortiSIEM settings. In Admin>Ssettings, Admin>Device Support, Admin>Setub and CMDB there are changes made. Also, hosts are added to the "hosts" file. How do whole backup FortiSIEM so that I can restore it later?
For a minimum, I tried to backup the configuration of the device.
I tried to back up the network device configuration and installed software versions from /data/svn. I did not find svn in /the data folder. Also, the database files are stored in
"/data/cmdb/data". I did not find the folder in this place. I copied them from another place.
I tried to archive the events from the web Admin>Settings>Database, but I did not know which organization should search for.
Is there a built-in tool to backup FortiSIEM or do I have to use a backup system like Dell AVAMAR?

EEHC
EEHC
1 Solution
ssudhakar
Staff
Staff
3 REPLIES 3
EEHC
Contributor

I opened a ticket (waiting for the reply) but I like to know your experience.

EEHC
EEHC
ssudhakar
Staff
Staff
EEHC
Contributor

Thanks, it helped so much. I used WinSCP to copy the folders.

Is there a method to backup FortiSIEM all? I believe it should be treated as a Linux server and in this case, I should use a backup system do to backup it.

EEHC
EEHC
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors