Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
HeretoLearn23
New Contributor II

Host Adapters Disabled when Registered User is disabled in AD

Version: 7.4.0.0.427

Need help finding where to disable when a user is disabled in AD the host(s) that is registered to said user has all of its adapters disabled. 

I'm not seeing Mappings to cause this action, hoping I can be pointed in the right direction.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
tpatel
Staff
Staff

Hello Sir, 

Can you please explain more, you have disable user in active directory and you want to disable user in firewall ?

HeretoLearn23

This is only regarding FortiNAC. 

When a user is disabled in AD, once FortiNAC syncs with AD and sees that user is disabled it will:

1. Disable the User in the NAC

2. Disable adapters of any host that were registered to the host in the NAC. 

I would like to disable this function.

kumarh
Staff
Staff

FortiGate itself does not directly enable or disable network adapters on endpoints based on Active Directory user status. Instead, FortiGate manages network access and security policies, including user-based policies through FSSO.

HeretoLearn23
New Contributor II

Here is the log messages that FortiNAC is performing.

Untitled.png

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Is it required to do that?

A user account and a host are separate things, I mean when a user is disabled you can still connect from the same host with a different account.

Second thing, when your user is disabled at AD level, the user is not supposed to be able to authenticate on any host, even FNAC can't authenticate it with AD, so FNAC is supposed to keep him isolated, right?

AEK
AEK
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

This behavior is by default. There are two options to bypass this:

- Change the host "Registered To" attribute to another user before disabling the user in AD.

- On LDAP configuration in FNAC remove the "Disabled Attribute". This way FNAC will not read this attribute from the next LDAP synchronization and will not take any action for users that are disabled in AD:

disabled-ad.PNG

More information can be found in the admin guide.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors