Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
GauravPandya
New Contributor II

Heuristic scan option

Hi All,

I am planning to enable heuristic scan option in antivirus setting. I have gone through document where it says I need to enable it like,

configure antivirus heuristic 

set mode block

For higher models,

config antivirus quarantine

set drop heuristic 

But I don't find these options in my FortiGate firewall. We have 1100E and running 7.0.12 firmware. Do I need to enable something to configure antivirus heuristic scan?

1 Solution
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You can find the details by following the link below:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.0/new-features/773410/ai-based-malware-detection

The AV Engine AI malware detection model integrates into regular AV scanning to help detect potentially malicious Windows Portable Executables (PEs) in order to mitigate zero-day attacks. Previously, this type of detection was handled by heuristics that analyzed file behavior. With AV Engine AI, the module is trained by FortiGuard AV against many malware samples to identify file features that make up the malware. The AV Engine AI package can be downloaded by FortiOS via FortiGuard on devices with an active AV subscription.

When upgrading from 6.4 to 7.0, the previous heuristic settings are not kept. In 7.0, the machine-learning-detection setting is enabled by default at a per-VDOM level:

FortiGate

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You can find the details by following the link below:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.0/new-features/773410/ai-based-malware-detection

The AV Engine AI malware detection model integrates into regular AV scanning to help detect potentially malicious Windows Portable Executables (PEs) in order to mitigate zero-day attacks. Previously, this type of detection was handled by heuristics that analyzed file behavior. With AV Engine AI, the module is trained by FortiGuard AV against many malware samples to identify file features that make up the malware. The AV Engine AI package can be downloaded by FortiOS via FortiGuard on devices with an active AV subscription.

When upgrading from 6.4 to 7.0, the previous heuristic settings are not kept. In 7.0, the machine-learning-detection setting is enabled by default at a per-VDOM level:

FortiGate
GauravPandya

Thanks. It helps.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors