Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fortimaster
Contributor II

Help to create a handler with mail alert, when traffic shaper drops packets.

Hi all ¡¡

I have fortigate and fortianalyzer. I need to control traffic sent by servers in one Fortigate interface. For that, I have a shared shaper. I would like to receive an email when the shaper is working (droping packets) cause the server exceeds limits. When shaper drop bytes, I can see in Firewall logs "shaperdropsentbyte=X" where X is a number. If it's non-zero, that means shaper is dropping packets (example "shaperdropsentbyte=40").

On the other hand I have a Fortianalyzer receiving logs. In fortianalyzer I've a SMTP relay server configured and if I test it, I receive mail correctly.  I have created a "data selector" and I have attached it to a simple handler.

The data selector is simple, I use "Log file by text" with shaperdropsentbyte!=0 (with =0 doesn't works either). The handler, configured with the data selector and the mail notification has never events matched, and, obviously I don't receive mail alert.

Please, could you help me? Why handler is never matched? (On pictures the handler is disabled but I test it when it's enabled). I would like to receive a mail alert when shaper drop bytes. Thanks ¡¡

shaper.JPGdata.JPG

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors