Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jack22
New Contributor II

Help! FortiClient VPN stuck on "Status: Connecting"

Hi, I downloaded and installed latest version of FortiClient VPN from https://www.fortinet.com/support/product-downloads#vpn. The shown installed version is 7.2.2.

I entered the server's SSL VPN settings, but when I click the button "SAML Login", nothing happens.

The window shows the label: "Status: Connecting" and keeps waiting forever.

Any idea about something I'm missing?

14 REPLIES 14
hbac

Hi @Hermanstan,

What is the FortiClient version?

Regards,

tiwarilaxuu

I am facing a similar problem. Could it be due to geographical restrictions since I am in Nepal? I have also tried different versions.

AGU_HD
New Contributor III

Solved:

Forticlient is stuck on 'Connecting' because it's trying to start the FortiTray.exe which is missing a .dll file (mfc140u.dll)

You can fix this by downloading and installing the Visual Studio Redstributables from this topic: DLL files missing after Windows 11 update - Microsoft Community

After that your FortiClient should be working.

Binh_Nguyen

Thank Bro !!! My problem had fixed

rsnet
New Contributor

thank you this worked for me on a windows client, but i have the same problem on a MAC any ideas? The tray icon is also missing...

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors