Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
okalif
New Contributor

Hello! All your files are encrypted and only i can decrypt

hello all,

We attacked by ransomware and unfortunately all our file and also backup are encrypted.

I want to know if someone advise me how to find from where or witch direction, computer, lan or site - From where it attacked us

How i can create report or see the logs.

We have fortinet e200 model.

ASP

Best Regards,

1 REPLY 1
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

This  question has so many answers. When do you think you where impacted? Are you maintaining logs &  for how long? The infected hosts machines do you see them in the logs? I highly doubt this will help you with your ransonware issues tho and is a bunch waste of time since you do not really known the delivery method for the ransonware ( was it email, web, a infected USB drive,etc....????s ) 

What I would do; 

I would concentrate on fixing the issues , with the big one of  no end-point protection on the hosts or degraded end-points.

Review your security-policy and malware UTM fetaures

Review if your AV/MALWARE DB is upto date

Look for previous backup

Restore good backups ,  but only after you update the OS and endpoint protection

provide user education and training on security

You can Make a complaint to your local authtorities also but don't expect any major break or action form the law enforcement agency.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors