Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Micky182
New Contributor

Having issues with SD-WAN

Hi, 

I set a SD-WAN on a Fortigate 30E using wan , port2 & port3 as wan.

I set up static route 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 to sd-wan, and i've configured the policy from my lan to sd-wan to navigate.

In Network-> SD-Wan Rules i've setup sd-wan from source "all", destination "all", criteria "volume" and members "any" to split my three connections based on volume traffic, but i can't see any load balancing working between wans and even worste if  i remove my policy route from lan to wan i can't navigate.

Also i setup the performance SLA with ping (see attachment).

Could anyone tell me what is wrong in my config from having a load balancer working between wans?

4 REPLIES 4
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

There are two useful spots that you can use for monitoring traffic over your WAN connections from the GUI:

[ul]
  • On the main dashboard using the Interface Bandwidth Widget.  (In the screenshot, I used a separate dashboard.)
  • In FortiView, adding a Destination Interface column.[/ul]

• NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
    Dave_Hall
    Honored Contributor

You can also check the SD-WAN Monitor section too.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

Micky182

Hi Dave,

I can confirm that i've setup 40% + 40% + 20% by volume, but my load balancing is not working (se attachment)..

I'm confused about how to manage policy route with LLB. I've follow the cookbook guide but i still need to setup the network --->local policy route from lan to wan interface to navigate; but i think this in some ways this is forcing fortigate to use ony one wan and not SD-WAN with LLB.

If i remove the policy route i can't navigate anymore and obviously i can't find any option as i would to add the new sd-wan group interface to the policy route as gateway interface (see screenshot link: https://ibb.co/SQC9px2). What am i missing?

Dave_Hall
    Honored Contributor

I think you need to set up a default route for the SD-WAN first.  Then if you need to direct traffic (from say wifi devices) you do that under SD-WAN Rules.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors