Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
peterk2020
New Contributor

Having an issue with "Microsoft Team" on video calls on wifi.

We are having an issue with using Microsoft Team video calls.  Whenever they are on wifi team calls, users are experiencing with video lagging and stopping.  Users are not experiencing any other issues other than the issue with team.  I tried to research and investigate on this issue... no luck so far.  I'll really appreciate if you can provide any suggestions.  

3 REPLIES 3
Thorse2017
New Contributor

I was just wondering if anyone has had a crack on this. I am having a similar issue on my end.

pkavin
Staff
Staff

Hello,

We have usually seen issues with Teams calls when DoS policies are configured on the FortiGate.

So, the first thing is due you have any DoS policies configured?

Please refer to the below article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Most-common-issues-with-FortiGate-and-Micr...

If that is not the case then there have been some instances with ASIC offloading on the FortiGate. So, you can try to disable ASIC offloading on FortiGate's wireless network policy and see if that makes any difference or not.

config firewall policy

edit <id>

set auto-asic-offload disable

next

end

You can use Microsoft-Skype_Teams IDSB as the destination in the policy for testing.

Also, please disable any kind of security inspection on that policy and see if that works or not.

Kavin
hmogal
Staff
Staff

agree with Kavin.

Have a look at the FAZ logs ... check anomaly logs
may need to tune udp_flood and udp_scans to say 5000 and monitor, increase if required.

Himanshu

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors