Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
srappaport
New Contributor

Hardware Switch on FG300E?

I have a new 300E running 5.6.3 out of the box. No interfaces are configured yet. When I go to create a new interface, I have the option for Software Switch, but not Hardware Switch.  Is there no longer a differentiation or is it simply not available on a 300E?

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
srappaport

Thank you, Kurt. Mystery solved.

Gik
New Contributor

Hello srappaport,

Old topic, but I'm interested if it was "mystery solved" with operating system 5.6 or only after an upgrading to version 6.x

Thanks in advance and best regard

srappaport
New Contributor

Gik wrote:

Hello srappaport,

Old topic, but I'm interested if it was "mystery solved" with operating system 5.6 or only after an upgrading to version 6.x

Thanks in advance and best regard

"Mystery solved" was in response to kurtli_FTNT who said that hardware switch was not available. I believe I probably ended up using software switch in that case. Not sure if any future version made it available.

Gik
New Contributor

ok Thanks. and yes new 6 FortiOS seems to have this virtual hardware switch on the 300E

sw2090
Honored Contributor

on my FGT300E running v6.2.7 the commands "config system virtual-switch" and "config system physical-switch" are available and working. 

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors