Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Knox_122
New Contributor

Hardware ID for licensing.

I cannot see to find the Hardware ID in our FortiAuthenticator with firmware version v6.3.2, build0687. Does any one know? The videos show finding it in older firmware releases, but not in this release and it does not seem to be the same. 

4 REPLIES 4
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

May I know which video do you reference to and what would you need hardware id for ?

We are still talking about AUTHENTICATOR not SIEM right ?

Out of sheer curiosity I just opened console to one of the units .. 

System:   Version: FAC3000D v6.2.1-build0552,201030 (GA)   Branch point: 0552   Serial number: FAC3KDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   System time: Fri Aug 13 10:39:30 2021 up 19 days, 1:03   Disk Usage: 1 GB

RAID Info:

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Knox_122

This is my device.

It may have been an EMS video I watched. Still though I am required to provide a hardware ID in order to download the license file. 

xsilver_FTNT

Sorry, but that forum thing is not showing images.

As you might see on your own if you'd check your post.

Second, what license are you talking about ? Generally there are User Licenses .. but those are for VM units .. SKUs like  FAC-VM-1000-UG Hardware units in F class might be able to scale up User quota via licenses where SKUs are like  FAC-HW-1000UG And SSOMA licenses for any FAC, not just VM, where SKUs are like  FCC-FACUNL-LIC

So what is your case ?

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Knox_122

This is my device.

It may have been an EMS video I watched. Still though I am required to provide a hardware ID in order to download the license file. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors