Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
scerazy
New Contributor III

HTML5 RDP Windows 10/Server 2016 Connection Terminated

I can fill credentials (username/password), but all I get is error that connection is terminated

Anybody any ideas?

Connection to Server 2012 R2/W7/W8.x works fine from web VPN

15 REPLIES 15
sfales
New Contributor II

Absolutely use "allow server to choose type of security"

Another thing to consider is username.  We had issues with users logging into non-domain laptop as "jsmith".  They attempt RDP session to domain-joined PC. Then they select "use ssl-vpn credentials". 

It seems that credentials passed are "laptop/jsmith" whereas target pc wants "domain/jsmith"

We have solved by not selecting "use ssl-vpn credentials" and leaving user/pw field blank.

You can also try combinations of user@domain.com or domain/user.

Hope this helps.

(4) - 200b' s (15) 81WiFi FAZ 400b Fmgr 100c
(4) - 200b' s (15) 81WiFi FAZ 400b Fmgr 100c
gguilmette
New Contributor

I have found that setting the bookmark security option to "Let Remote Server Decide" helps in this situation. I've not dug around in the configurations enough to know if the other secure options possibly require a domain certificate or other handshaking requirements. 

scerazy
New Contributor III

While it works on current 6.0.4 when connecting to Server OS, it NO LONGER works if connecting to Windows 10 CLIENT (tested connection to 1607, LTSB 2016) machine

No matter what settings are used, I always end up with

Connection closed

Hence the few users that used to be able to connect to they workstation, can no longer do it Seb

chimera

This was very frustrating, but I eventually found the solution for me (if not using SSO) is instead of using:

AD-DOMAIN\username

as the format for the username, instead I used:

username@AD-domain.local

(or whatever the FQDN of your Active Directory is) along with Security to "Allow the server to choose..."

scerazy
New Contributor III

Destination being Windows 10 workstation 1809 = never connects

Destination being Windows Server 2012 R2 (just the 2 administrative RD connections) = never connects

There is something seriously not right!

scerazy
New Contributor III

Anybody ever managed to get it to connect to a WORKSTATION? (for the single session) or a SERVER (admin session)?

Seb

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors