Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FirstInfo
New Contributor

HSTS Problem

Hi

I have a problem with my Web filter is not passing HSTS traffic on firefox.

How can i do this?

Best Regards

James

Best Regards

James

Best Regards James
2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You need to explain more? is this  HTTPS problem?  ( no such thing as HSTS traffic btw )

next are you doing SSL inspection? Did you  try eliminating this site from SSL inspection, if yes did it work? Did you  flush the FF browser   HSTS cache?

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Nicholas_Doropoulos
Contributor

Hi,

Assuming you are already using deep inspection on Fortigate, you would first need to remove the stored HSTS flag on Firefox. Follow the instructions below and advise results:

Open your current Firefox settings (AKA Firefox profile) folder using either

[ul]
  • "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Troubleshooting Information
  • (menu bar) Help > Troubleshooting Information
  • type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter[/ul]

In the first table on the page, click the "Open Directory" (or similar) button. This should launch a new window listing various files and folders in your file browser.

Leaving that window open, switch back to Firefox and Exit/Quit, either:

[ul]
  • "3-bar" menu button > "power" button
  • (menu bar) File > Exit / Quit[/ul]

Pause while Firefox finishes its cleanup, then open SiteSecurityServiceState.txt in your preferred text editor and delete all lines for the hostname you need to access and save the file.

When you start Firefox again, on your first visit, Firefox normally ignores the HSTS status because it hasn't gotten past the handshake.

• NSE5, CCSE, CCNA R&S, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MTA Security, ITIL v3

NSE5, CCSE, CCNA R&S, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MTA Security, ITIL v3
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors