Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kanefu
New Contributor

HK PCCW Always On Plan setup on Fortinet 60E

We have  applied the Internet plan from PCCW with 8 IPs. They provide IP configuration as follows:

Client WAN IP address: 172.21.106.2

WAN IP address gateway: 172.21.106.1

Public LAN IP address: 223.197.45.232-239

I'm failed to setup my Fortinet 60E to access the Internet. Please help.

Kenneth

5 REPLIES 5
djaquays
New Contributor

This is all guessing based on your information provided.

Your WAN Interface IP  (based on what I'm seeing) should be 172.21.106.2/31 (maybe it's /30).  Your default gateway should be 172.21.106.1.  You can then use NAT rules or virtual IPs to utilize the public ip addresses for outgoing traffic, depending on what your goal is.

Kanefu

Dear djaquays,

Actually I use the IP address of 172.21.106.2 with Default Gateway 172.21.106.1 on the Fortinet 60E, but I failed to connect to Internet. I can ping 172.21.106.1 which I think the IP is the Fibre Optic router from PCCW. Please kindly advise that I cannot even connect to the Internet.

Kenneth

djaquays

Kenneth,

You'll need to provide some more information.

1) Did you add a default gateway route? (0.0.0.0/0 to 172.21.106.2)

2) How are you trying to determine that you are "connected to the Internet"

3) What service is this firewall/connection providing?  Is it Internet service for users?  Is it hosting services (web/dns/whatever)?

4) Are there any other pieces of networking equipment involved?

Kanefu

Dear Dyaquays,

Please kindly find the following information. 

1) Did you add a default gateway route? (0.0.0.0/0 to 172.21.106.2) 

Yes. The default gateway route IP:172.21.106.1 added already. 2) How are you trying to determine that you are "connected to the Internet"

I can ping the DG:172.21.106.1, but unable to ping the DNS IP address on the 60E Firewall. 3) What service is this firewall/connection providing?  Is it Internet service for users?  Is it hosting services (web/dns/whatever)?

The Internet line from PCCW is major for Internet service (Around 30 users) 4) Are there any other pieces of networking equipment involved?

There is only a Fibre Router from the ISP, PCCW, in front of the 60E Firewall. 

Regards,

Kenneth

Sudarsan_Babu

HI,

1. Can you check with ISP and share you WAN mac address to them allow the internet access. 

2. Run debug . 

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

Regards, Sudarsan Babu P
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors