Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Vacunar_System
New Contributor II

HELP!!! Services are Down!

Hi everyone, all Fortinet services are down: DNS, security filter, everything is dead. Does anyone know what happened?

12 REPLIES 12
andresPspano
New Contributor

andresPspano
New Contributor

Seems there is a massive issue with FortiGuard., the link is the WO

ezhupa
Staff
Staff

Hello,

When having issues with FortiGuard communication the below debug might help: 

dia de app update -1
dia de en
exe update-now

-leave it to run for a couple of mins

dia de disable

Also you can try and perform a change in the Fortiguard settings and see if the change resolves it. You can test by changing the update server from EU->US or vice-versa or disable/enable anycast. This will trigger a new connection to Fortiguard servers and might resolve your issue. 

Hope it helps!

pablo_anabalon
New Contributor

I had the same problem yesterday with my clients.
I have not found more information

Screenshot_1.jpg

AnthonyH
Staff
Staff

Hello Vacunar_System,

When Fortiguard servers are unreachable, there are a few ways to workaround the issue:
1) Disable FortiGuard Anycast: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-FortiGuard-is-not-reachable-via-Anycast-de...,
2) Temporarily use different DNS servers,
3) Or enable the setting, "Allow Websites When a Rating Error Occurs": https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Web-Page-Blocked-An-error-occurred-while-t...

Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Technical Support Engineer,
Anthony.
Vacunar_System

Hi, I disagree with that. I changed the DNS, and it doesn't work, and a message appears saying that all servers are out of service. Additionally, I noticed that the DNS servers are not responding. Please I would like a step-by-step guide on what to do in these cases because the other instructions seemed confusing. ThanlsCaptura 2.JPGCaptura.JPG

AnthonyH

Hi Vacunar_System,

Could you try disabling TLS (TCP/853) and instead enable DNS (UDP/53)?

Try accessing the web page in a private window/incognito mode to get rid of any browsers cache.

Technical Support Engineer,
Anthony.
Vacunar_System

when the your DNS return the services get back too, one by one, The problem you had was such that not even changing the DNS because the services were down, as in the image, the only way to get something to work was to turn off the security filters, for example, application control or application control. DNS

Fdlm_conectivity
New Contributor

Hello,

Is there any official information regarding the failure?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors