Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bachri_faisal
New Contributor

HELP!! STARTTLS/SMTPS error: connect failed=-1

Hi, After succesfully upgrade firmware from v4 MR3 Patch 1 to Patch 5, Fortimail can not relay email to Protected domain (internal email server). There an error message on email logs as follow. When SMTPS enabled, error message will be as follow: from=test@example.com, size=0, class=0, nrcpts=1, proto=SMTP, daemon=SMTP_MTA, relay=[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] from=test@example.com, size=88, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<201305240412.r4O4CROY005339-r4O4CROb005339@xxxx-xxxx>, proto=SMTP, daemon=SMTP_MTA, relay=[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] SMTPS=client, error: connect failed=-1, SSL_error=1, errno=0, retry=-1 to=xxx@xxx.xxx, delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=31574, relay=xxxx.xx.xx. [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], dsn=2.0.0,stat=Sent When SMTPS disabled, error message will be as follow: from=test@example.com, size=0, class=0, nrcpts=1, proto=SMTP, daemon=SMTP_MTA, relay=[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] from=test@example.com, size=88, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<201305240420.r4O4K4db005565-r4O4K4de005565@xxx-xxx>, proto=SMTP, daemon=SMTP_MTA, relay=[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] STARTTLS=client, error: connect failed=-1, SSL_error=1, errno=0, retry=-1 to=xxx@xxxx.xxx, delay=00:00:06, xdelay=00:00:05, mailer=esmtp, pri=31574, relay=xxxx.xx.xx. [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: 403 4.7.0 TLS handshake. How to solve this problem? Thanks for any help. Cheers, Faisal
10 REPLIES 10
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

stat=Deferred: 403 4.7.0 TLS handshake.
What' s your delivery policies and your security profile action? profile > security and the action upon failure ?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
bachri_faisal
New Contributor

There only TLS and Encryption menu tab inside Profile > Security. No delivery option and security profile option.
bachri_faisal
New Contributor

I use Fortimail 100 with HA.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You have to add some access-controls or how are you trying todo deploy ssl? See here;

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
bachri_faisal
New Contributor

Oh..you mean policy access control & delivery. No delivery policy applied since installation.
bachri_faisal
New Contributor

I did clean install and restore config to slave unit, but still no luck.
bachri_faisal
New Contributor

Finally, by revert back to previous firmware version and restore configuration solved the problem. When try to re-upgrade and appear below error message on console. " Configuration file build number check failed. 4.00.495:4.00.534"
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you open a ticket with support? I had problems on my last upgrades for a few 100C and it was not a clean upgrade. Can' t remember what my problems where, but it was mainly with/mail being rejected. Maybe support might have a fix or a bug open on this.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
bachri_faisal
New Contributor

Yes, I opened a ticket for this issue. But the response take a day or two for each update ticket from me... Also, I tried to update the patch one by one with no problem from patch 1 to 4 except patch 5.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors