Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marcelo_malara
New Contributor

HA with a full encryption and an upgraded LENC Fortigate

Hi. I have a Fortigate 80C (full encryption) installed, I need to implemente HA, I am being offered another 80C with low encryption firmware (FG-80C-LENC-BDL), with an upgrade to full encryption (LENC-99005). Once the second unit is upgraded, can it join a HA cluster with the first one? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi, and welcome to the forums. This is a licensing question and not so much a technical one. Please contact Customer Service (cs@fortinet.com) or open a Web Ticket to have this confirmed in written form. Be aware that there are different hardware revisions of the 80C. The original one had 512 MB RAM, the upgraded v2 has 1 GB. Old and new models do not form a cluster. Unless you use a special option to ignore the hardware difference. But then, the larger RAM of the new unit will not be used.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Ditto on the above & it' s good advice. To add, you can use the combination of the 2 cmds to validate the hardware. get hardware status get system status Let us know what support says.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
marcelo_malara
New Contributor

Thank guys. I opened a ticket as suggested, I will let you know what they answer.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors