Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Millibhu
New Contributor

HA with WAN loadbalancing

Hi,

We try to implement Firewall HA with Wan loadbalacing (We have two ISP , with two public IP from each). Could anyone suggest that which HA mode I could deploy with these requirement ? I want to deploy as below screenshot

From our requirement

1. Use Fortigate 100D as route mode, perform WAN loadbalacing between two ISP.

2. If not sure that if we have only 2 Public IP from each ISP

123.123.123.7 - ISP A

62.62.62.62.7 - ISP B

Can we configure it on two of our Fortigate WAN interface with same IP address as screenshot , is there a way to do virtual IP ?

3. If we cannot deploy as above screenshot, could you guide the topology such as insert router between internet as Fortigate and configure WAN interface of Fortigate to be our local IP (but if we change to this deployment we cannot do WAN loadbalacing)

Thanks in advance

Millibhu

12 REPLIES 12
bhagat_sudhir

Hello Millibhu,

I am also facing the same problem of Load Balancing with same setup almost as you have. We are running with A-P and observed load balancing is not effectively working. However in our case there is routers (Router-1 and ROuter-1) in between Fortigate-1 & Fortigate-2 devices and ISP-1 and ISP-2 respectively.

Ours are FGT 60D

Pls advise , if you have the solution.

leoiaco

Hi all,

there is a solution for this?

Regards.

L

MikePruett

bhagat.sudhir wrote:

Hello Millibhu,

I am also facing the same problem of Load Balancing with same setup almost as you have. We are running with A-P and observed load balancing is not effectively working. However in our case there is routers (Router-1 and ROuter-1) in between Fortigate-1 & Fortigate-2 devices and ISP-1 and ISP-2 respectively.

Ours are FGT 60D

Pls advise , if you have the solution.

Can you post a VISIO of how your environment is setup? I would love to try to assist with this.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors