Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
graham_morrison
New Contributor

HA over L3 Avaya Switch

Good afternoon,

We currently have two 600C FW's that have dual HA direct crossover cables connecting them.  We are splitting this HA pair so that one of them can go out to our DR site which we have our own dark fibre connecting both sites.  The idea was to break the direct HA and route it over to our DR site over dedicated vlans.  I tried this initially with both firewalls still at the hq site and it failed instantly.  The interfaces came up but no ha traffic flowing over the links .  I had a look at the knowledge base and found the following article that says: https://help.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/54/Content/FortiOS/fortigate-high-availability-52/HA_failoverHear...

That seems like what is exactly happening and my switch may be discarding the packets.  I cant find an easy way to allow those ethertypes on my Avaya switch to test so my question is could i change the heartbeat to use the standard ethertype.  Would this work:

config system haset ha-eth-type 0800set l2ep-eth-type 0800end

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors