Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FXE
New Contributor

HA Reserved Management Interface

Hi Guys,

I have active/standby FGs and the gateway of my mgmt VLAN via port1 of the FGs. I want to use the dedicated mgmt port be the mgmt access of the 2x FGs. 

I read about the HA Reserved Management Interface, can I set the dedicated port in this settings? If yes, it will be overlap to my port1 interface right?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Is your FGT model has physical MGMT(1/2) port(s)? Then by default those should be "dedicated-to management" already. Check it in CLI.

FXE

Hi @Toshi, yes I am using the physical appliance. Meaning, both my port1 and the dedicated management port should be connected physically to the MGMT switch then I will configure the dedicated management port to be the HA reserved management interface? Thanks for the help.

Toshi_Esumi

Since you didn't mention the model of your FGTs, I'm not sure if you meant MGMT1 port as port1. Or MGMT1 port is separated from port1. But what I talked about was MGMT1 is already configured as "dedicated-to managmenet" by default and you just need to configure IP/mask on the interface. If your management network is not a single/flat subnet and needs to be routed through, you need to set the gateway in HA config.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors