Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Silver
New Contributor

HA Active Active

Dear All,

Anyone can advise on this scenario.

My Fortinet appliance will be in HA active active and both will be connected to core switch in stackable. Their will be having LACP configured on the core switch to terminate to fortinet appliance.  As i know when we use active and passive in fortinet and with lacp configuration we need to create two separate ether channel group on the core switch one for firewall active and other one for firewall passive where it will not have issues on the traffic.  

My question for active active scenario do we need to keep the same configuration on the core switch or we can create only one ether channel.  

cable connection will be like follow, 

from fw 1= 4 cable ( 2 cable connected to core 1 and 2 cable connected to core 2 )

from fw 2 = 4 cable  ( 2 cable connected to core 1 and 2 cable connected to core 2 )

in active passive mode on core 1 and core 2 cable connected to fw1 i was configured alwys into one ether channel group and same for other fw

In active active it will remain the same config or what.

plz advise thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Necron99

Silver wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But i would to know do we need to create separate port channel for each unit or can use a single port channel for both units.

Thanks

If I correctly understand what you are asking, Fortigate units in HA cluster mode are seen as two [or more] separate Layer2 devices [instead of one as say a stacked set of switches], so you will need a port channel for each device, presumably two ports from each. Hope this helps.

Suman_Kundu

Hi,

What is the meaning of below line for HA tie compares

1. "Health of monitored links" 

2. "Number of monitored interface whose status are up"

Kindly help me and share your comment with and example

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors