Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
wf-it
New Contributor II

Guest WiFi with disclaimer and password

Hi,

a customer requested a guest network for his customers with a captive portal. Its working so far with a disclaimer that you have to agree to. But we have to prevent that non-customers can access it. Sure, I can enable WPA2 PSK and it would be fine, but an open wifi with a captive portal looks more professional in my opinion. Is there a way to set up a disclaimer page, with terms of use you have to agree to and a password? But a password only, not username and password.

Fortigate 60E running on 7.2.4 and three 221E access points running on 7.2. The switches are not from Fortinet.

How I set it up so far:

Since it should be a wired network too, I took a physical interface for this and set Security Mode to Captive Portal:

Screenshot 2023-04-03 135046.png

The interface is connected to a new VLAN. I created a new SSID with the VLAN ID, made sure that the VLAN is tagged on the correct ports and modified the disclaimer page.

Thanks for any help!

5 REPLIES 5
adambomb1219
Contributor III

I don't think a "hotspot" style password is possible with the native FortiGate captive portal.  You should look at FortiAuthenticator instead, which supports much more rich captive portals.  Or another NAC solution like Aruba ClearPass or Cisco ISE (both of which also support hotspot passwords).

wf-it
New Contributor II

I'm afraid you're right. Too bad.

Julien87
Contributor II

Hi,

yes you can create a captive portal, you can show the detail in this link

You can create a admin for create guest account only.

the portal is little evolved but it can meet certain needs.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.4/administration-guide/934626/captive-portals

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.13/cookbook/860416/configuring-guest-access

Best regards,

Julien
Julien
wf-it
New Contributor II

Thank you! I have looked at both articles but couldn't find a solution for what I am looking - did I miss something?

Julien87

Hi,

In your screenshot, i will change ' Allow All' with a Group 'GuestGroup' (for example).

After the portal will be redirected.

After you can create a admin for manage the guest account.

I retry in your version tomorrow,if it didn't work

Best regards,

Best regards,

Julien
Julien
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors