Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
oliverlag
New Contributor

Great firewall of China and Google sites, apps, etc

Hi, 

we do work with companies that have offices in China and they use Google as main cloud provider for apps, sites, mail etc. 

In December 2014 China Gov has shutdown all the Google (and others) access to the services. 

How do you guys bypass this restriction ? (I'm talking about an "enterprise" "professional" ways.. not free vpn on pc or free ssl from smartphones/tablets. 

Do you VPN to close PoP ? Do you route traffic into it to exit via HK for example? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Fahad
New Contributor III

have your tried internet over site to site vpn ? if you have a fortigate in H.O you can enable the proxy feature in it and once you establish the VPN connection users can browse internet through the proxy and over the IPSEC tunnel.

FCSNP 5, JNCIS-FW,JNCIA-SSL ,MCSE, ITIL.

FCSNP 5, JNCIS-FW,JNCIA-SSL ,MCSE, ITIL.
oliverlag

At the moment I'm routing into an IPSEC in a providerX IPSEC only what doesn't work.. Google for example.. 

I do policy route all Google subnets into it but it's not that convenient in terms of complexity.. 

I don't route everything inside it since bw costs.. so I do route google into ipsec via HK and all rest of internet into local provider. 

Any other idea?  MPLS? Breakout via AWS? Any other provider? overlay WANs services? 

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors