Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AndreasMoroder
New Contributor II

Get mail notification when new Firmware version is available

Hello,

is it possible to get a mail notification from fortinet, whenever a new Firmware release of Fortigate is available?

Greetings

Andreas

----------------
----------------
2 Solutions
FortiMax_it
Contributor

Hi, doesn't exactly answer your question but I use the old RSS, subscriptions. When a new firmware comes out, within a few hours the notification arrives in outlook, but for all Fortinet firmwares, not onlyFortiOS. Surely it can be filtered in some way.

RSS: https://support.fortinet.com/rss/firmware.xml

FortiMax_it_0-1672930488679.pngFortiMax_it_1-1672930503351.png

View solution in original post

lior
New Contributor III

Security Fabric -> Automation -> Add Trigger -> Create -> FortiOs Event Log

in the Event search for "New firmware available on FortiGuard"

and in the action set it to mail you...

Found it on my 7.2.3 FortiOS but didn't test it nor i have license for Firmware updates...

Good Luck :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FortiMax_it
Contributor

Hi, doesn't exactly answer your question but I use the old RSS, subscriptions. When a new firmware comes out, within a few hours the notification arrives in outlook, but for all Fortinet firmwares, not onlyFortiOS. Surely it can be filtered in some way.

RSS: https://support.fortinet.com/rss/firmware.xml

FortiMax_it_0-1672930488679.pngFortiMax_it_1-1672930503351.png

lior
New Contributor III

Security Fabric -> Automation -> Add Trigger -> Create -> FortiOs Event Log

in the Event search for "New firmware available on FortiGuard"

and in the action set it to mail you...

Found it on my 7.2.3 FortiOS but didn't test it nor i have license for Firmware updates...

Good Luck :)

toejoe
New Contributor

Hello. It seems that this event log entry is generated when it is presented to the user via GUI. I verified it today. Although 7.2.5 firmware version was available from June 9th, event log was generated upon my login to the system.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors