Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Vaito
New Contributor II

Generic error when creating custom chart

I'm running a trial of the FortiAnalyzer VM and I am not able to create custom charts. When I try to use the Chart Builder to save a chart from either Log View or Custom View, I get a pink "not pass" banner error. I've experimented with several variables without success and am not sure how to proceed without a more detailed error message.

Is this a limitation of the trial license, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Can you share the procedure and screenshot of the chart you are trying to create?

AEK
AEK
Vaito
New Contributor II

Sure, thank you for your response. I've attached a screenshot of the chart builder below. The procedure is simply:

• Log View → Custom View (already saved) → Chart Builder → Save

The custom view is simply Web Filter logs from the past day with a few key columns selected, and sorted for a list of web category descriptions.

FortiAnalyzer Chart Builder.png

vraev
Staff
Staff

Dear Customer,

Please upgrade to 7.4.2. It will be available in the next days and review if the issue is resolved.
Best,

V.R.
chall_FTNT

Just to add to what V.R.'s recommendation of upgrade to 7.4.2 ..

This bug seems relevant & has a fix newly added in 7.4.2:
947800 Attempting to save chart/dataset from chart builder in GUI results in error.
(the error is "not pass" by the way)

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
Vaito
New Contributor II

Thanks for the recommendation. After the upgrade for 7.4.2, the error has changed from "Not pass" to "Failed to save dataset and chart."

Because this is deployed in a K-12 institution and there are no users on site for the holidays, there are no logs for the selected time period and this may be the cause the of the current error. I will try again after some logs have been generated.

For what it's worth, it was my mistake to POC the latest version of FortiAnalyzer. I have run into two other bugs which I will address in separate posts if I cannot find a resolution elsewhere.

Appreciate the help so far.

Vaito
New Contributor II

Update Jan. 2: the buildings are repopulated, I have records, and I still get the "not pass" error on 7.4.2 when trying to convert those queries to a chart. The only difference after the upgrade is that the error banner is now in the lower right instead of top center.  :)

chall_FTNT

Bug id 947800 was for a specific scenario where the FAZ allowed the admin user to select options that are incompatible.  The fix was to correct the filters & resulting display options.  Likely your scenario is different.

If you upgrade your trial license to a production one with valid support coverage, you could open a support ticket so that the Fortinet support team can work on reproducing this issue for you.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
MeminZ
New Contributor

@Vaito wrote:

I'm running a trial of the FortiAnalyzer VM and I am not able to create custom charts. When I try to use the Chart Builder to save a chart from either Log View or Custom View, I get a pink "not pass" banner error. I've experimented with several variables without success and am not sure how to proceed without a more detailed error message.

Is this a limitation of the trial license, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Check the FortiAnalyzer documentation for any specific restrictions or requirements related to chart customization. The official documentation often provides valuable insights and troubleshooting steps.

vraev
Staff
Staff

Hi @Vaito ,
I would suggest to follow the recommendations of the article below:
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAnalyzer/Troubleshooting-Tip-FortiView-Top-Source-Addresses-a...

Also, please assure that every policy has logging all the information also the av and etc. profiles.

Best,

V.R.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors