Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JimBo
New Contributor II

GUI, cli window - how to enter the question mark character found in a username/password

FortiGate firewall running FortiOS firmware 7.0.12

I see from older previous posts control-v ? was not supported from the cli window within the GUI and was hoping this may have  been changed in newer releases.

If this is still not allowed within the GUI cli window or is there an alternative way to enter the ? character as part of a username?

Thank you.

Thank You JimBo
Thank You JimBo
1 Solution
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @JimBo,

You can try Ctrl + Shift + -  and ?. 

Regards, 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @JimBo ,

I have just tried to create an admin called "test?admin" and it seems possible, please see below from a VM running FOS 7.2.8:
question-mark-username.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
JimBo
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response but as I reread my original question I noticed I SADLY failed to mention I was attempting to ssh to a remote device from within the GUI CLI window.  My apologies for fat fingering my original question.

:

EXAMPLE>   exe    ssh   user?name

Thank You JimBo
Thank You JimBo
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @JimBo,

You can try Ctrl + Shift + -  and ?. 

Regards, 

mpapisetty
Staff
Staff

This one, along with a few more CLI tips are documented here - 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.4/administration-guide/896276/cli-basics#:~:text=To....

-Manoj Papisetty
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors