Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rotem
New Contributor

GUI CLI - "Connection lost. Press Enter to start a new session"

after changing the Admin sport to 4433 i get the "Connection lost. Press Enter to start a new session." in the cli

changing back to 443 and it's all good.  

factory reset, no help.

any ideas? 

6 REPLIES 6
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

Just a couple of ideas:

- when you start a new session, do you also change the port to the new 4433 in the browser?

https://fortigateIP:4433

- did you check if port 4433 is not mapped to an internal host (a VIP), or maybe SSLVPN (show full | grep 4433 -f)

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
Mohamed_Gaber
Contributor

I have the same problem. When I access the Web for the HA IP of FortiGate and then click the CLI icon, I get this message. When I access the management IP for any one of them, it works well. The HA and management IP addresses are in same subnet.

The problem with the HA FortiGate that does not has a management IP on the interface.

Mohamed Gaber
Cell : +201001615878
E-mail : mohamed.gaber@alkancit.com
Mohamed GaberCell : +201001615878E-mail : mohamed.gaber@alkancit.com
Mohamed_Gaber
Contributor

I found the solution.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Fix-CLI-console-from-FortiGate-GUI/ta-p/22...

Mohamed Gaber
Mohamed_Gaber
Contributor

I did check and found the SSL port is already changed. The solution worked. But I don't know the port 443 is used by what..

Mohamed Gaber
HelpMe

It's a bug they refuse to fix.

AlexC-FTNT

Your comment is both wrong and not useful. There is no such bug - only misconfiguration.

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors