Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cashbuddy
New Contributor

Full access and RDP only access on FortiGate 200E

Hi Guys,

We need to create two profiles for Remote VPN access on Fortigate 

FULL access:

Laptop users have all ports open to LAN (for RDP/SMB/HTTP(s) traffic to servers) and uses UTM-10.20.1.254 as a gateway 

the problem is when i configured VPN profile there was no way to assign gateway, how i can do this?

At the moment laptop gets 10.20.3.2 and his gateway is 10.20.3.3

RDP access:

Users has only access to their workstations in the office. This is somehow already sorted by allowing only RDP and DNS in the Remote to Local policy

No gateway to be assigned, currently it automatically assign 10.20.3.3 

Please see attached diagram

Kind Regards

11 REPLIES 11
cashbuddy
New Contributor

akrohn wrote:
If I understood correctly, your FULL User use your UTM as default gateway to Internet ?

Yes, it's a gateway/proxy to internet and also a gateway to a production systems through a separate fiber line. 

akrohn wrote:
But for what do you need the VPN Remote Access ?

RDP profile is to allow people work from home. They need to access their workstations from their home PCs, nothing else. 

FULL is for Laptop users, so no matter where they are they can work as they are in the office. There are different subnets from other site-to-site VPNs and connection to two data centers 

scerazy
New Contributor III

Honestly, Fortigate is extremely terrible when one compares it to bog standard Windows Server VPN (especially AlwaysON VPN) setup.

Just deploy Windows VPN & you will have zero problems

I done that I never looked back at Fortigate issues

Seb

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors