Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pitamerica
New Contributor

Fritz BOX on WAN1, external acces point...

Hi, perhaps someone can help me.

i have an 40c with latest firmware. i create the devices i need. put them into a group. then i created a ipv4 roule for this devices to access the internet.

i have connected an external access point to the internal ports of the 40c.

when i connect to this wifi, i get no ip adress from fritz box dhcp.....

i think i forgot something big....

4 REPLIES 4
pitamerica
New Contributor

I just solved it by creating rule from wan1 to internal for dhcp protocol. But now i have to forward a port. I can't find it. Is it possible with the 40c in transparent mode ? Thank you
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Questions:

1. Is the AP just an AP or is it a wireless router you are using as an AP? You need this AP to function as only an AP so that it will allow comm to go up to the Gate. You also need to make sure it isn't doing any vlan tagging or anything.

2. Do you have a DHCP server enabled on the internal interface that the AP is connecting to?

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
pitamerica

1. it is a wireless router i am using as acces point. this router is my internet connection on wan1.

2. the dhcp is not enabled in fortigate.only in the AP

i solved it with creating a rule for wan1 > internet for DHCP protocol. now it works.

but now i have to forward a port, that i can reach a device from external. is this possible with the 40c in transparent mode ? the port forward is allready configured in my router (fritz box).

pitamerica

can anyone help me ? i think port forward is not possible on transparent mode. is this true ?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors