Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
wcbenyip
New Contributor III

Found issues in v3mr3 (b400)

It would be great to post any issues found in the latest firmware after testing.....
Just upgraded my fg60 from v3mr1 to v3mr3(b400) and found something wrong... 1/ In the existing fw policy or add a new fw policy, NO ADDRESS could be found in the source or destination address name.... 2/ Comparing with the memory allocated before firmware upgrade, the memory usuage is increased around 30% !!! (Before firmware upgrade, the memory usage in office hour is around 65%, and that in non-office hour is around 35%, but now in the non-office hour, it becomes 75%~)
Protect yourself~ http://www.secunia.com MBCS CEH FCNSA
Protect yourself~ http://www.secunia.com MBCS CEH FCNSA
32 REPLIES 32
Not applicable

Could not add a VLAN interface to an address object. In the CLI I get: entry not found in datasource value parse error before ' VLAN' Command fail. Return code -3 In the GUI I get: Error Entry not found.
Not applicable

any postive feedback? i must admit i am waiting for a few weeks before i install this new build, i have been bitten to many times by installing it straight away.. dont see the point of being Fortinets QA rep.
Not applicable

ramsey - I feel the same way. Now that I know these forums are here, I will be monitoring them closely before I do any kind of upgrade. My boss and I have come up with a list of tests I need to do before any upgrades are done and after upgrades are done. It' s become a huge amount of work for me. [:' (] Nick
Not applicable

I still can' t use the " execute ssh" , even with a 1024 key. I get the following error: Connected Fortigate-60 # execute ssh <My SSH username>@<SSH server> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY! Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)! It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed. The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is <KEY:KEY:KEY…>. Please contact your system administrator. Add correct host key in /tmp/home/<My FGT username>/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message. Offending key in /tmp/home/<My FGT username>/.ssh/known_hosts:2 RSA host key for <SSH server IP> has changed and you have requested strict checking. Host key verification failed.
kevanbrown
New Contributor

Yes, here' s some positive feedback: 1) I was able to successfully use the new VIP group feature to reduce four of my policies to a single policy. 2) I like the new AJAX-driven console interface. It loads faster than the old Java applet console interface. Typing text is still a little slow, but at least now I can also do half of another of my feature requests: Copy and Paste. You can now copy the text from the console, but you still can' t paste into the console. For that, you' ll still need to use another CLI access method such as SSH or Telnet. 3) I had requested the ability to host the SSL VPN daemon over a different interface or secondary IP on the same interface over the standard port for HTTPS (TCP 443) while also using the same port for firewall administration. They added this feature along with a new GUI to add secondary IP addresses and I' ve found it works great. Thanks Fortinet! 4) I think the new HTTPS web filtering capability described in the release notes is rather creative. There are several other interesting new features detailed in the release notes which I personally have not tested. But I really think Fortinet should address the bugs in the Web GUI and the SSL VPN client. If they break existing functionality, they should try to quickly release a new firmware which fixes those newly introduced bugs. I' m going to submit a support case with them for the issues I mentioned.
Not applicable

Yesterday I wrote:
Trying to create VIP groups I receive a " some unknown error!"
The error comes only if you type the name of the group with uppercase (XXX). Typing (xxx) the group is added. bye
putneyt
New Contributor

When upgrading a WiFi-60 from 2.8 MR10 to 3.0 MR3 it lost it Wireless configuration. It went back to " World" and set not to broadcast the SID. The SID went to a null entry. Easy to fix but it will be a problem for those upgrading over the wireless link.
putneyt

When I upgraced a WiFi-60 from 3.0 MR2 to 3.0 MR3 it did not loose settings. It looks like it' s a 2.8->3.0 issue.
mipeter
New Contributor

@donnat: You can chose resolution of RDP applet
There are other possible commands to set some properties, see the following page: [link=]http://properjavardp.sourceforge.net/[/link]
donnat
New Contributor III

Option ' -k' is replaced by option ' -m' See this url : http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=29893&group_id=90078 For keyboard french : ' -m fr' List of keymaps: ar, da, de, en-gb (default), en-us, es, fi, fr, fr-be, hr, it, ja, lt, lv, mk, no, pl, pt, pt-br, ru, sl, sv, tk, tr

Cluster Active/Passive Fortigate-1500D 6.0.9 (AV, DLP, AppCtrl & IPS, DHCP, AlertMail, Fortiguard Web & AS, OSPF & RIPv2, SSL-VPN Portal Web and Tunnel) FortiAnalyzer-3000D 6.0.8 (Log, Syslog, Alert event, Quarantine & Report)

Cluster Active/Passive Fortigate-1500D 6.0.9 (AV, DLP, AppCtrl & IPS, DHCP, AlertMail, Fortiguard Web & AS, OSPF & RIPv2, SSL-VPN Portal Web and Tunnel) FortiAnalyzer-3000D 6.0.8 (Log, Syslog, Alert event, Quarantine & Report)
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors