Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
wcbenyip
New Contributor III

Found issues in v3mr3 (b400)

It would be great to post any issues found in the latest firmware after testing.....
Just upgraded my fg60 from v3mr1 to v3mr3(b400) and found something wrong... 1/ In the existing fw policy or add a new fw policy, NO ADDRESS could be found in the source or destination address name.... 2/ Comparing with the memory allocated before firmware upgrade, the memory usuage is increased around 30% !!! (Before firmware upgrade, the memory usage in office hour is around 65%, and that in non-office hour is around 35%, but now in the non-office hour, it becomes 75%~)
Protect yourself~ http://www.secunia.com MBCS CEH FCNSA
Protect yourself~ http://www.secunia.com MBCS CEH FCNSA
32 REPLIES 32
AKrause
Contributor

I cannot drag & drop fw-policies to a new position anymore. FG units with a build-in switch now shows the connection status for each switch-port on the dashboard. But the link is down, even there is a host connected.
Not applicable

Because of the high memory usage of the new OS, the Entry level devices such as 50A/60 become irelevant. I' m using 100A and the mem usage is now on 40%. At the previous OS it was 35%.
kevanbrown
New Contributor

Web GUI Bugs: 1) Drag-and-drop in the policy grid appears to be no longer supported (as AKrause said). This is not mentioned in the release notes, so I assume it is unintentional. 2) In Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.7, when you click the drop-down arrow on the right side of the " Create New" button above the policy grid, the drop-down menu never goes away; even after clicking cancel on the pop-up screen. 3) In both Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.7 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1, when you click the drop-down arrow on the right side of the " Create New" button above the policy grid, all of the text for the sources, destinations, and services disappears from the policy grid below. 4) When an action is not allowed in the web GUI, the setting simply reverts to the previous value without telling the administrator why. When attempting to configure the same setting from the CLI, you receive an error message telling you exactly why you were not allowed to make the change. This information should be shown somewhere in the FortiOS web UI when a setting change is disallowed. SSL VPN Bugs: 1) The portal' s HTTPS proxy still can' t handle the web-based virtual machine access for VMware ESX Server 3.0. After logging in, the page redirects over-and-over until an error occurs. 2) The portal' s HTTPS proxy is extremely slow when connecting to the web maangement GUI of a Dell Remote Access Card 4 (DRAC) in a Dell server. 3) I don' t think this is really a bug, but the new VNC applet used in the SSL VPN portal doesn' t support the higher cryptography configurable in the RealVNC Enterprise Server 4.2.6 product. 4) It would be great if you had at least the option to choose the resolution for the new RDP applet.
donnat
New Contributor III

You can chose resolution of RDP applet

Cluster Active/Passive Fortigate-1500D 6.0.9 (AV, DLP, AppCtrl & IPS, DHCP, AlertMail, Fortiguard Web & AS, OSPF & RIPv2, SSL-VPN Portal Web and Tunnel) FortiAnalyzer-3000D 6.0.8 (Log, Syslog, Alert event, Quarantine & Report)

Cluster Active/Passive Fortigate-1500D 6.0.9 (AV, DLP, AppCtrl & IPS, DHCP, AlertMail, Fortiguard Web & AS, OSPF & RIPv2, SSL-VPN Portal Web and Tunnel) FortiAnalyzer-3000D 6.0.8 (Log, Syslog, Alert event, Quarantine & Report)
Netics
New Contributor

sorry donnat, about the RDP resolution, i cannot see the attachment.jpg file from the forum, can you please explain it in words ? thank you ciao
donnat
New Contributor III

X.X.X.X -m fr -g 1024x768 X.X.X.X : IP address -m fr : keymap fr for french (ar, da, de, en-gb (default), en-us, es, fi, fr, fr-be, hr, it, ja, lt, lv, mk, no, pl, pt, pt-br, ru, sl, sv, tk, tr) -g def : 800x600 or 1024x768 or ...

Not applicable

Upgraded a FG60 from MR2, No issues. Memory usage is slightly better (was ~73%-74%, now: 71%). But I only do routing / IPS / Firewall / URL Filtering and don’t do VPN / IPSec / SSL-VPN etc.
kevanbrown
New Contributor

donnat: Thanks for the tip about the RDP applet. BTW, I had logged a support case with Fortinet for SSL VPN issues 1 and 2 from my list under MR2. They requested I give them access to a host on which to test, which I did. They then closed the case saying the issue would be resolved in MR3. Oh well.
Not applicable

Trying to create VIP groups I receive a " some unknown error!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors