Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jakob-AHHG
Contributor II

Forwarding Table Search: Specific vlan/port etc...

Hi All,

In FortiSwitch OS, you can nicely search in the Forwarding Table under Switch: Monitor... but it seems like it 'only' support wildcard searches.

Is there anyway to specify 'exact' searches or 'vlan=NNN' searches?

If not, in my world, it calls for a feature request.

I often need to see what is on port1, not 'port1-19', or what MAC's is on a specific vlan, and putting '10' for vlan 10 into the search field gives me vlan 10, MAC's including '10' and port10... ;) 

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
Arp-Hansen Hotrel Group A/S, Copenhagen, DK
Jakob Peterhänsel,IT System Admin,Arp-Hansen Hotrel Group A/S, Copenhagen, DK
1 Solution
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

I did some test and it seems that the search filter will work just like a standard filter, searching for the keyword on all the available columns (even for the Flags). It seems that what you are asking is not implemented yet.

It would be better if you reach for your local Fortinet representative to make it as an official request.

search.PNG

in the meantime you can use the CLI and the grep function:

S108E... # diag switch mac-address list | grep "VLAN: 540"
MAC: 00:00:00:09:00:04 VLAN: 540 Trunk: GVM01T(trunk-id 1)
MAC: 00:00:00:d6:6f:39 VLAN: 540 Port: port4(port-id 4)

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Stephen_G

Hello Jakob-AHHG,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Be aware that as we are in the holiday season, it may take longer than usual for you to see a reply.

Thanks,
Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

I did some test and it seems that the search filter will work just like a standard filter, searching for the keyword on all the available columns (even for the Flags). It seems that what you are asking is not implemented yet.

It would be better if you reach for your local Fortinet representative to make it as an official request.

search.PNG

in the meantime you can use the CLI and the grep function:

S108E... # diag switch mac-address list | grep "VLAN: 540"
MAC: 00:00:00:09:00:04 VLAN: 540 Trunk: GVM01T(trunk-id 1)
MAC: 00:00:00:d6:6f:39 VLAN: 540 Port: port4(port-id 4)

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Jakob-AHHG

Hi Emirjon,

Thanks for the update, seems like the CLI is the workaround for now.

I will try to get a Feature Request in.. 

Jakob Peterhänsel,
IT System Admin,
Arp-Hansen Hotrel Group A/S, Copenhagen, DK
Jakob Peterhänsel,IT System Admin,Arp-Hansen Hotrel Group A/S, Copenhagen, DK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors