Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RolandBaumgaertner72
Contributor

Fortitoken Code is not sent via email or SMS

Hello,

we have a FG80 we are using for testing and it has no valid licence. This FG always had 2FA with FortiToken. Now I wanted to change the Token but it will not be sent. I tried with my mail and also with Gmail account and via SMS and I dont get anything.

Is this something they removed because of no valid licence?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
rbraha
Staff
Staff

Hi @RolandBaumgaertner72 

The user and token license are mapped to device SN, since the license is expired ,changing token will not be possible to be moved since they have been on state expired on FortiGuard Servers. 

pminarik
Staff
Staff

If this is just basic tesing and you need the token functional, you can grab the activation code from the CLI without waiting for SMS/email.

show user fortitoken -> find the serial number you want and make note of the activation code. Keep in mind that they're valid only for 72 hours after being assigned. (un-assign and re-assign if too much time has passed)

[ corrections always welcome ]
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors