Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ipranger
Contributor

Fortiswitch without subscription

Hello all, 

i have here an Fortigate 60E with enterprise bundle. It is possible to combine it with an Layer3 FortiSwitch 448E without subscription? Is the Switch restricted without subscription? This time i have an HP29xx series as Layer3. However, this does not work optimally with the Fortigate. I thought a Fortiswitch would be a better choice. Especially in device detection and IOT. 

Very Thanks

Best regards IPranger

Fortigate 60E v7.x (GA)

Fortigate 60E v7.x (GA)
1 Solution
nicerobot_FTNT

There is no additional subscription needed for the FortiLink to work. Should be pretty straightforward. Here are the directions for 6.4: https://docs.fortinet.com...340250/fortilink-setup

The FortiGate will become the Layer 3 router for the managed switch. You will see all of the ports and VLAN configurations under WiFi & Switch Controller in the FortiGate GUI.

---

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent the official opinion of my employer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nicerobot_FTNT

There is no additional subscription needed for the FortiLink to work. Should be pretty straightforward. Here are the directions for 6.4: https://docs.fortinet.com...340250/fortilink-setup

The FortiGate will become the Layer 3 router for the managed switch. You will see all of the ports and VLAN configurations under WiFi & Switch Controller in the FortiGate GUI.

---

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent the official opinion of my employer.

ipranger

Bought :)

Fortigate 60E v7.x (GA)

Fortigate 60E v7.x (GA)
fireon

Hello all, 

i have also an Fortiswitch 448E-FPOE without subscription anymore. So this time i have firmware version v7.0.3,build0058,211130 (GA). 

Now i have tested an upgrade to 7.0.4 and 7.2.0. Both failed with "The software cant updated". 

Whats the problem? No subscription? The Switch is in standalone mode.

Best regards

Fireon

Always on /dev/zvol
Always on /dev/zvol
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors