Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
UnderscoresAndDashes
New Contributor III

Fortiswitch show devices multiple times on single port

Screenshot 2023-07-19 113019.pngI have a 6 fortiswitches managed by fortilink that all show the same device info for each port multiple times. I have no idea what is causing this. This site is having multiple issues and my logs show nothing unusual. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Solutions
knagaraju
Staff
Staff

Hello UnderscoresAndDashes,

I think this is a GUI issue,Could you please check the mac-address learned on the switch ports
diag switch mac-address list | grep portx

if the mac-address readings are correct, then this should be GUI issue I guess.

Regards
Nagaraju

View solution in original post

ebilcari

Since the switches are running in FortiLink mode maybe the command output from FGT will have a better view for this:

# diagnose switch-controller switch-info mac-table S108E... | grep port2
- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
knagaraju
Staff
Staff

Hello UnderscoresAndDashes,

I think this is a GUI issue,Could you please check the mac-address learned on the switch ports
diag switch mac-address list | grep portx

if the mac-address readings are correct, then this should be GUI issue I guess.

Regards
Nagaraju

ebilcari

Since the switches are running in FortiLink mode maybe the command output from FGT will have a better view for this:

# diagnose switch-controller switch-info mac-table S108E... | grep port2
- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
UnderscoresAndDashes
New Contributor III

Thank you both. GUI issue seems to be the case. 

plsikk
New Contributor III

Hi, Same for me, already updated FG to 7.2.7 and switch to 7.2.4 and when I moved host between vlans on the same port then is showed twice in my case. but in cli is only one time.

I think we can report this as bug in GUI

Best regards
Best regards
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors