Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MohammedAlrawi
New Contributor II

Fortiswitch Voice-Vlan

Hi,

I hope everyone is doing well.

we are trying to configure the voice VLAN for the whole network in cisco switches everything is simple I finished the configuration but am having a hard time trying to research about ForitSwitch command or GUI to set up the voice VLAN can I get any documentation or some brief explanation on how to configure it via GUI or CLI would really appreciate it .

1 Solution
MohammedAlrawi
New Contributor II

Dears,

Kindly solved via creating a voice VLAN just like any other VLAN then we need to create LLDP Profile which is used to identify the IP phone (it will be identified if it supports LLDP) this will give the IP phone the VLAN that you will assign in the LLDP profile then you just need to allow that the VLAN that is used for voice VLAN and the native VLAN.

Many thanks for the replies.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

You can check this section of the admin guide and this article as a start. Do you plan to also include authentication on the port?

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
MohammedAlrawi

Does this apply to any IP phone we are using grand stream not fortifone ,No we are not planning to include authentication 

ebilcari

It should apply to any IP Phone that supports the LLDP standard.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
sahmed_FTNT
Staff
Staff
Toshi_Esumi

I don't see any indication you use a FGT to manage the FSW. If you're configuring at the standalone FSW in CLI, you need to translate the command lines In the KB @sahmed_FTNT posted:
config switch-controller lldp-profile -> config switch lldp profile
config switch-controller managed-switch
    edit <SWITCH SERIAL NUMBER>

config ports     -> config switch physical-port

Toshi

MohammedAlrawi
New Contributor II

Dears,

Kindly solved via creating a voice VLAN just like any other VLAN then we need to create LLDP Profile which is used to identify the IP phone (it will be identified if it supports LLDP) this will give the IP phone the VLAN that you will assign in the LLDP profile then you just need to allow that the VLAN that is used for voice VLAN and the native VLAN.

Many thanks for the replies.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors