Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rajamanickam
Contributor

Fortiswitch - ISL query

Hi, I am new to Fortiswitch. We have 2 Fortiswitch (124) acting as our WAN switch to do WAN link extension to our Fortigate A-P cluster. I read lot of documents which says to connect ISL link between two fortiswitches. But I really dont want  ISL link between these switches to pass vlans across switches. I will connect ISP link at each switches and just want to do L2  cross connection/extension of these WAN links to FG cluster. For management, I want to connect Fortilink from both the fortigate to fortiswitches. Can I skip ISL link on this scenario? 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello rajamanickam, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Fortinet Community Team

sachitdas_FTNT

Hi,

From what i understand, you want to connect FGT (2 ports) - 1 port connecting to FSW1 and 1 port connecting to FSW2. Both switches managed by FGT.

FSW1 connected to ISP1 and FSW-ISP2.

This can be achieved. You can use interface type as "hardware switch" on FGT https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiswitch/7.0.4/devices-managed-by-fortios/801202/single-fortig...

Could you please send the documentation link where it says to connect ISL.

Regards,
Sachit Das
ETAC Engineer
Wifi-Switching – International Support
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors