Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Fortinet hangs every few days

Hi, my fgt50A hangs every few days, no internet connection anymore. it is however possible to login from the lan, and as far i can see everything' s OK. Then i do a reboot, most of the time this will not solve the problem. The solution is to shtut the device off completely, ans then wait for at 4 to 6 hours then i turn it on again. then i have again a few days before everything start all over. i use the latest firmware thanks in advance henl
7 REPLIES 7
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

ORIGINAL: henk.zevenhuizen The solution is to shtut the device off completely, ans then wait for at 4 to 6 hours then i turn it on again.
Hi, what about enviromental conditions? Temperature specifically. regards,

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

Hi Abel, thanks for the response the environment, quit normal i guess, it' s my home office. but the device feels warm, not hoy but quit warm. henk
seadave
Contributor III

Make sure you have the latest 2.80 MR11 firmware. Build 490. FortiOS 3.0 will be out very soon. You can downgrade to MR10 if the problem continues. There was a build of MR11 that caused this problem for us. It was 456 or something like that. The update fixed the problem.
Not applicable

dfollis, thank you ! i have the latest firmware, but we can live with the problem and we will wait for the 3.0 version thanks again henk
abelio

hi henk, the next opportunity you detect this ' freezing' try with the CLI command: #diagnose hardware deviceinfo nic external to check if there' s traffic RX_ / TX_ through external interface If (and only IF) you can discard your WAN provider as source of this problem, ask your reseller or Fortinet directly if you' re under Forticare contract for a hardware problem. regards,

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

hi abel, i' ll do that , i don' t think it has anything to do with our wan-provider. i replaced the fgt50 by a sonicwall and there was no problem at all for weeks. i keep you informed thanks ! henk
Not applicable

My fortinet froze again, and the CLI command: ' #diagnose hardware deviceinfo nic external ' showed me, there was still wan traffic ! When the fortinet came back to live after a few hours (disconnected from any power), i start playing around, and it froze again, i found out: playing with rules, changing, adding and so on, make the fgt freeze !! i decided to wait for firmware 3.0, if the problem does not disappear i will contact fortinet and ask them for a new device. regards henk
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors