Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Younes_ez
New Contributor III

Fortinet firewall that is not allowing us to log in to a certain site credentials it shows invalid

Hi ;

We have a Fortinet firewall that is not allowing us to log in to a certain site. The website will load, but when we try to put our credentials it shows invalid. The site and credentials work on another network that is not  Web Filter on with default Profil No inspection.

Best regards

Younes

Younes
Younes
4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Younes,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for an answer to your question.

We will come back to you as soon as we get it.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Younes_ez
New Contributor III

Hi Anthony ;

Ok, I'm waiting for your answer.

best regards

Younes

Younes
Younes
Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Hi Younes,

is the traffic to the site inbound our outbound?

So do you host the site in question behind your FortiGate or are end users on site reaching the site through FortiGate in Internet? Important to understand if you have access to the server or not.

Guessing for an outbound connection:

The FortiGate will not influence the traffic, let alone a login sequence, unless you do deep inspection and some sort of filtering. The login sequence could use other resources, other than the site which are blocked.

What I find most logic is that the site is using an IP access filter that will allow a display of the site but reject a login if you do not come from a certain IP range. Your FortiGate public IP could be missing on the site. The FortiGate can do that same thing on the admin interface and login with the "trusthost" setting.

Best regards,

Markus

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors